Job Description: Sjogren Industries, a leading manufacturer in the wire tooling industry is growing and is searching for a Technical Sales Associate to join their sales team. This individual will be instrumental in generating sales revenues and profits, gain new strategic opportunities, and participate in assigned sales targets through customer contacts. The Technical Sales Associate will help grow market share through the development of strong relationships with existing and potential new customers.
Located in Worcester, MA, Sjogren Industries has been providing services to the wire tooling and contract manufacturing industries since 1927.
Job Title: Technical Sales Associate
Reports To: Vice-President, Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By/Date: Vice President
- Under the direction of the Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, the Technical Sales Associate will help generate sales revenues and profits, gain new strategic opportunities, and participate in assigned sales targets through customer contacts. The Technical Sales Associate will help grow market share through the development of strong relationships with existing and potential new customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features and benefits to customers.
- Drive sales growth through customer interaction by telephone, web-based meeting and occasional in-person meeting. New and ongoing customer contact is 75% of daily activity.
- Create and maintain relationships with existing and potential new customers; assist by listening to their requirements and developing solutions from the Sjogren product line.
- Participate in web based interactive meetings, product training and product trade shows, conferences and other events as required by the VP, Sales and Marketing
- Customer Quotes – Provides quotes to customers for work orders including delivery based on knowledge of shop and delivery schedules; work closely with other Sjogren personnel to develop data for quotes; follow-up on a timely basis on outstanding quote activity.
- Customer Orders – Responsible for handling every aspect of a customer’s purchase order, including, but not limited to, the timely verification of data and accurate entry of order information into the order entry system
- Order Status – identify customer order status including late deliveries, on-hold status, etc. Proactively consults with proper company personnel, and then provides the best resolution for our customers
- Accounts Receivable/Collections – assist accounting staff with any overdue accounts in resolving issues that lead to collection of overdue accounts
- Other duties may be assigned
- Comfortable making outbound sales calls and web-based calls to existing customers and prospects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detailed oriented and accurate with input
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to make effective presentations, including product demonstrations, to customers or groups of people
- Associates degree in Engineering or Technical field preferred
- Two plus years’ experience in sales
- Prior experience in the wire industry desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint software
- Works primarily in an office environment and some occasional need to visit and interact with employees in the machine shop