Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll (patent pending) replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
Interwire 2019 is America’s Wire & Cable Industry Fair and takes place May 14 through May 16 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. “Trade shows provide us the opportunity to see our customers and discuss new products and ideas, said Keith D’ Amato, Vice...read more
Sjogren Industries is gearing up to showcase its innovative product line at Interwire 19. The event takes place May 14 through May 16 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Interwire is the largest and longest-running wire and cable marketplace in the...read more
Design is critical to productivity Does your current vendor guarantee that your wire straightening rolls will line up every time? Sjogren does with its unique alignment marker. A feature found only on Sjogren rollers, the alignment marker assures the operator that the...read more