Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll (patent pending) replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
Publication highlights new and improved product line Sjogren Industries has released an updated catalog for 2019 that showcases new and improved additions to its product line. A manufacturing innovator since 1927, Sjogren Industries provides the highest quality...read more
Sjogren Industries, Worcester, MA “Are you ready to rise to the challenge?” We are Sjogren Industries and we are cut from a different mold. That’s why we are the leading global supplier in our industry and have a 90 plus year track record of success. We are growing...read more
As Sjogren Industries settles in for another year of innovation in the wire tooling industry in 2019, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on 2018. This past year, Sjogren Industries continued to expand operations, improve efficiencies, and extend its legacy of...read more