Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll (patent pending) replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
90th Anniversary coincides with continued growth and innovation WORCESTER, MA _ Sjogren Industries celebrated its 90th Anniversary in 2017 by continuing its legacy of innovation in the wire tooling industry. In 2017 the company launched two new product innovations,...read more
New England-based company heads to Thailand to showcase solutions for wire tooling industry WORCESTER, MA _ Sjogren Industries will introduce its latest innovations for the wire tooling industry at the Wire Southeast Asia trade show in Bangkok, Thailand. Since 1995,...read more
Perform material handling functions required to receive raw materials and purchased parts into the plant and ship product out of the plant. Using blueprints, assemble purchased parts and machined parts to finished product. Job Title: Shipping, Receiving and Assembly...read more