Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll (patent pending) replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
Representatives from Sjogren Industries are putting the finishing touches on the presentation of superior product line at the International Wire and Cable Trade Fair in Dusseldorf, Germany from April 16 to April 20. Visit Sjogren Industries at Hall 11 Stand E50 to...read more
Join Sjogren Industries as we showcase our superior product line at the International Wire and Cable Trade Fair in Dusseldorf, Germany from April 16 to April 20. Visit Sjogren Industries at Hall 11 Stand E50 to witness our fully-functioning wire-pulling machine and...read more
Wire and cable industry innovator to showcase in Germany WORCESTER, MA _Just ahead April 2018’s International Wire and Cable Trade Fair in Dusseldorf, Germany, Sjogren Industries is delivering its new catalog to customers. The full-color, magazine-styled publication...read more