Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll (patent pending) replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
Continuing its legacy of innovation, one that has made it a leader in the wire-tooling industry over the last 90-plus years, Sjogren Industries has made significant investments to ensure continued growth in the next century as well. Sjogren Industries investments have...read more
Recognized as the largest trade fair for its industry in Asia, Wire China 2018 will take place from Sept. 26 through Sept. 29 at the Shanghai International New Expo Centre. Visit Sjogren Industries at Booth W1A42 and learn first-hand about our growing legacy as a wire...read more
Matt Padula joins wire and cable industry leader WORCESTER _ Sjogren Industries, a global manufacturer of wire and cable tools, has announced a new appointment to its engineering team. Matt Padula will join an engineering department that has over 25 years of...read more