Static Dancer Roll (SDR)
The Static Dancer Roll replaces the conventional dancer roller or tuner roller on a wire drawing machine. With the conventional roller, the combination of high heat, draw lube contamination, and general wear causes wire surface scratching, ball bearing seizure, and constant maintenance.
Spindle downtime caused by bearing failure in various rotating guides: tensioning/dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides
Static, non-rotating guides that utilize carbide rails to provide years of functionality with minimal service
• Light weight
• No bearings, non-rotating
• High wear, low Friction tungsten carbide rods
• Easily installed in any application
• Extremely long life with multiple wear surfaces
• Reduces maintenance cost
• Machine downtime is reduced significantly
• Prevents wire surface damage and scratching
Initial trial data indicates that SDR shows little to no wear after two and a half years of operation. If wear becomes apparent, a simple rod adjustment (less than one minute) can provide a new surface with no downtime for the line.
• Non-rotating: guides never experience bearing failure
• No spindle uptime lost to replacement or maintenance of bearing-based guides
• Multiple applications: can be used to permanently replace components of dancer rolls, roller boxes, traversing guides, etc.
We have replaced many conventional tuner rollers with the static wire guides. In time all will be replaced. The static rolls are second to none. Some have been on the machines 18 months. The static rolls will save your wire mill money, down time, and improves quality of the wire. I have found no cons, just all pros.
Leggett and Platt
Tensile Testing Components - Jaws, Inserts, Holders, Materials, and some of the industries that benefit from the strength of our work. What is tensile testing? Tensile testing is a process that involves applying a uniaxial tension force to a test sample, up to the...
Any System, Any Part The company employs the “Any System, Any Part” philosophy across the wire-tooling industry Choosing the most appropriate tensile testing jaws to secure your samples effectively is essential for obtaining accurate measurements of tensile...
Sjogren’s unique alignment marker guarantees your rolls line up every time. A feature found only on Sjogren rollers, the alignment marker assures the operator that the wire’s centerline is maintained exactly from one roller to the next. The Sjogren alignment marker...